Friday, September 7, 2018

First Blythswood care scarf

I had some yarn I wanted to use up and decided to make a scarf with it. A simple garter stitch using two strands of DK yarn held together on 7 mm needles. It turned out nice and squishy not too open and 41.5 inches long. I had 100grams in total between the 2 yarns.
I added a knitted flower on each end instead of tassels to brighten it up, I thought it would be different and less for little fingers to get tangled in.
A scarf for a little girl to wrap up in and stay warm,

A gentleman from Blythswood phoned me as I asked if there was drop off point near me, there is not, but posting is not a problem for me as I can send 2-3 scarves at a time. I may try a hat or two but they are not my strong point so may stick to scarves. I can never get the gauge right for hats, they turn out too big or too small. I have problems counting the rows to get gauge as my sight is not that good. Maybe scarves are safer with possibly mittens if I can find some easy ones to make.

Onto a scarf for a boy I have some nice blue yarn that would make a great scarf and maybe this time a Horizontal stripe as I can add another colour or two to make it interesting. Maybe 5mm circular needles and 200+ stitches would make a decent length I will have to research that and see how long it would turn out.

I am collecting scarf patterns and want some that are easy but interesting that way it will be fun for me knit and fun for the person getting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment