Thursday, February 21, 2013

Joining Swaps


I love to join in various swaps on the Knitting Paradise forum and one that I have joined in with is the Friendship Blanket Swap.
We send out an 8 X 8 inch square to a different person each month and when we have enough we can sew the squares together to create a unique blanket.
The problems is you can get squares that are not the correct size so what do you do with a square that is not the size stated?
If it is 6 X 7 inches like one or two I have had it is easy to alter it so it will be 8 X 8 inches.

This square was a little small but I love it
Pick up and knit stitches down one side and knit until the square is the size you want. Then pick up and knit along the bottom edge and again knit so it is the size you need. Don't worry if you don't have the same colour yarn it will add to the uniqueness of the blanket.
I love the squares I get and by using this method will be able to use all of them. The one in the picture is lovely as it has my initial in it and I can easily alter the size and make it fit into the blanket.
So don't get upset when a square is a little on the small side make it bigger.
Modular knitted squares

No comments:

Post a Comment