Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Blue for a boy!

I love knitting blankets they are easy to make and you can use a variety of patterns to keep things interesting. Having all sorts of colours in my stash to use up I tend to make the blankets for cats colourful to use up the yarn I have.
This time I decided to use two strands of yarn using Purples and Blues creating a blanket more for a boy cat/kitten.
This is a simple pattern that is for preemie babies but works well for cat blankets as well.
Simple Blanket Patterns                                                      

This is the end result I went with Daphne's Blanket and really like the result it looks nice and cosy I lessened the amount of stitches as I wanted a small blanket that will fit into a cat carrying basket or used on a chair. Lets face cats will decide which chair is theirs and will allow you to share it if they are not using it.

Monday, June 6, 2016


I wanted to use up some of the stash that I have and decided to create balls of yarn in the same colour range. So now I have balls of yarn that are useable from odds and ends.

I made a series of 3.5 inch squares using 6.5mm needles and held two strands of DK yarn together. I cast on 13 stitches and knitted 18 rows and then bound off.

I alternated the squares so one was straight and the other on its side to create interest and to add to the patchwork effect. I finished it off by adding a simple crochet border.
This will be given to the Cat Protection Charity.

Monday, May 30, 2016

Not a great year so far

2016 is proving to be a challenge so far.
Our Disability Benefits were cut and the review did not go well. We had to get a new cooker as the old one packed up, the computer joined in the act but thankfully we got a new one with the Insurance we paid on it. Our cat Dylan had a problem with his teeth and needed to have a lot of them taken out. Then he had a really bad infection and was really ill with it. Sadly this was the start of his health going down hill rapidly, after a few more infections he had lost a huge amount of weight. Then Friday 27th may he was euthanized as there was nothing more they could do.
We miss him dreadfully, he was a rescue cat, no one wanted a four year old cat, but we did, that was 6 years ago and he was a lovely cat.

This was Dylan in January this year before he was ill.

So this year has been eventful but not in a nice way. I have been knitting and made some things for the Cat Protection Charity.
 This is a pink cat dish cloth that can be used as a potholder.
This yellow dishcloth is brighter than it looks here.

This leaf set was made for them to sell and a little different from the usual coasters, they can be used for drinks in the summer the larger one can be used to stand a jug of homemade lemonade on it.

Now I am knitting small squares to make a cat blanket. These a few that I made already.
It will take a while to make the blanket but it will be nice and soft as I am using two strands of DK yarn held together.
I will be posting more as I get more knitting done.