Friday, May 9, 2014

Yarn for Vintage Patterns sorted

I have sorted out the yarns I need for the Vintage Shawls I want to make I went to John Lewis store as their staff in Haberdashery are great with Knitting and Sewing advice. I saw the lady who really knows her stuff on knitting and showed her the patterns.
Her advice was to go with the needle size and the stitch count. Not being great at sorting this out she put me right.

Lacy Shawl  
The nearest we have in the UK for this yarn is DK this one will be Red not a scarlet but a deep red this one
Cardinal red yarn

Elegance Shawl
This also came up with DK yarn and this one will be black

Fireside Shawl
This one could be bulky or aran weight I went with aran weight and altering the needle size to get the width needed. So Aran yarn on 7.5mm needles would give me the width I want. This one is going to be this colour
Aran yarn

I am getting the yarns from the market as his stuff is good quality and at a price I can afford.
So I am all sorted out and when I have done the Fish Blanket will be getting on with shawls. I love that patterns as they are not too fiddly and look pretty also they look more complicated than they are. So three shawls will eventually be made.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got it sorted Paula, I'm looking forward to seeing your shawls when they are finished, I hope that you find the yarn you like at the market. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Paula, I just stopped by to let you know that I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come by my blog to check out the details http://handmadeandoffcentered.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html

    Birgitta xx

    ReplyDelete